- Speciality & Fine Food Fair is set to celebrate the boom in artisan wines, spirits, craft beers and ciders, plus speciality soft drinks when it premieres The Drinks Cabinet, in partnership with Fentimans, at Olympia London, from 2–4 September
Subscribe to Speciality Food magazine today for just £19.99/year.subscribe now
The brand-new feature is designed to boost the presence of the Fair’s drinks producers and distilleries and provides an unparalleled opportunity for retailers, hoteliers, restaurateurs, wholesalers and distributors to find the very best and most innovative luxury drinks and mixers.
Across the three days of the Fair, visitors will be able to meet with mixologists, experience unique pairings and source new products, while also learning about the latest industry trends. Sponsored by premium soft drinks brand Fentimans, The Drinks Cabinet also provides a space for visitors to network and hold business meetings while sampling an array of products available at the pop-up bar.
The feature is in tune with the evolving artisan drinks market that has seen the number of distilleries in the UK double to 315 in the past five years. The number of UK breweries producing craft beer and cider now stands at 1,700, with 520 opening in 2016 alone – unsurprising when research from the Society of Independent Brewers found that half of beer drinkers are now opting for local craft beers, and among 25-34-year-olds this figure rises to 61%.
Amongst the brands set to take centre-stage in The Drinks Cabinet will be Berkshire Blend, a premium no-alcohol spirit alternative which is redefining what it means to drink; craft brewer Big Drop Brewing Co, which identified a gap in the market for superior quality, full-flavoured low alcohol beer; and Seedlip, the ‘world’s first’ distilled, non-alcoholic spirit. Many more premium and artisan producers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Speciality & Fine Food Fair – now in its 19th year – boasts more than 700 passionate producers, serving both the retail and hospitality channels. They represent the cutting-edge of emerging trends and showcase new, exciting products, offering an unrivalled platform to condense a year’s worth of product sourcing into an inspiring journey of discovery.
Speciality & Fine Food Fair ambassador Rupert Ponsonby, who is director of R&R Teamwork and co-founder of The Beer Academy, said: “The Drinks Cabinet will be a one-stop treasure trove of liquid exhilaration and opportunity – a titillation of tonic waters, a frenzy of frozen cocktails, a gymkhana of gins, a cornucopia of lo-cal carbonated drinks, along with ciders, fruit juices, and ‘spirits’ with no alcohol in them.
“This is diversity and invention at its finest – if only other Cabinets (number 10!) could offer such excitements.”
Take a look at other fair highlights featuring alongside The Drinks Cabinet to whet your appetite for the Fair:
- The Ultimate Retail Experience: New for 2018. The team behind Speciality & Fine Food Fair is surveying 2,000 consumers to discover what they want from their ultimate retailer and will be bringing the results to life at the show with the unveiling of its blueprint for the ideal store.
- The Discovery Zone: Curated to showcase the best of what’s new, the Discovery Zone is an essential stop-off for retailers and hospitality operators looking to discover emerging trends and exciting new producers. All of the 200-plus companies gathered in the Discovery Zone have been trading in the UK for less than three years.
- Fresh Discovery Awards: New for 2018. The awards will recognise and celebrate excellence within the speciality market, shining a light on products that are set to take the industry by storm in 2019.
- Savour the Flavour: Featuring some of the industry’s most experienced chefs and specialists, our demonstration kitchen is the perfect way to discover how to increase your profits.
- Food for Thought: Buyers will be able to learn from the experience of industry peers and retail experts who’ll address the big hurdles they’ve had to overcome and how they are future-proofing themselves for the ever-changing food and drink world.
- Trend Trails: Our curated trends trails offer an effortless way to meet artisan producers and discover lucrative new products within core sectors such as chocolate and plant-based products.
- Great Taste Deli: Get the edge over your competition by being the first to see, taste and source winning produce from The Guild of Fine Food’s 3 star award winners.
For further details or to register for your complimentary industry ticket, head to: specialityandfinefoodfairs.co.uk
Sunday 2 September 2018 10:00 - 17:30
Monday 3 September 2018 9:30 - 17:00
Tuesday 4 September 2018 9:30 - 17:00