- The hunt is on for the best farm retailers in the UK as entries are coming in for the Farm Retail Awards 2024, sponsored by specialist retailer COOK
The Farm Retail Awards celebrate the cream of the crop in the industry. They are the only awards judged by fellow farm retailers and celebrate the best farm shops, farm cafés and restaurants, farmers’ markets and trade suppliers in the country.
Here’s why you should enter:
1. FREE to enter for FRA members with a simple submission process
2. One of the most respected awards in the industry
3. A chance to recognise your team and promote your achievements to your customers
4. Each finalist will receive a feedback report as part of the judging process
5. Finalists are included in our PR and marketing in the lead up to the awards
6. Finalists will be provided with resources to promote your status as a finalist
7. Finalists showcased at the Awards Gala Dinner at the Annual Conference
Hosted by the Farm Retail Association, the awards boast nine categories. All members of the Farm Retail Association are eligible to enter the awards free of charge. The following categories are open for entries until midnight on Friday 29th September 2023:
• Large Farm Shop of the Year – sponsored by Cunninghams EPOS Group
• Small Farm Shop of the Year – sponsored by The Cress Co.
• Farm Cafe/Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by Arrange Spaces
• Farm Shop Butchery of the Year – sponsored by Angel Refrigeration
• Rising Star Award – sponsored by Fieldfare
• Farmers Market of the Year – sponsored by Dole
• Associate Member of the Year
Arguably, one of the most prestigious awards in the industry, the Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by CSY Retail Systems is open for nominations until midnight on Friday 19th January 2024.
The Pick Your Own category has been judged earlier than others in the awards in order for the judging to take place at the height of the PYO season, allowing the visits to take place at the peak time of year for these businesses.
Those shortlisted for the PYO category will now go through to the final stages of judging, with the winner being announced in March 2024. They include; Bells Farm Shop, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, Farmer Copleys, Pontefract, West Yorkshire and Horsforth Pick Your Own, Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Chairman of the Farm Retail Association, Emma Mosey said: “The standard of entries have been incredible. We look forward to seeing entrants from all remaining categories now, and celebrating the very best in the business at our awards ceremony next March. Good luck to all of our finalists!”
Finalists will be showcased at an Awards Gala Dinner held in March on a date and venue to be announced.
All members of the Farm Retail Association are eligible to enter the awards free of charge. Not yet a member? There’s still time, get in touch today and become a member.
To find out more about the awards or joining the Farm Retail Association, contact FRA Manager, Laura Copeland on 01423 546214 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here