Free digital copy
Get Speciality Food magazine delivered to your inbox FREEGet your free copy
The 2021 Awards opened from 1st October, but this year they’re doing things a little differently by looking to shine the spotlight on those retailers who deserve recognition in their region for their community support.
Over the last few months we have heard so many wonderful stories on how specialist retailers have gone above and beyond to help their customers, staff, suppliers and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Awards want to recognise and reward these worthy businesses.
New process for the 2021 Awards
• For 2021 the Awards are placing more emphasis on how specialist retailers have adapted their business and supported their community, staff and suppliers this year, rather than focusing on financial success.
• The retailers will be judged by their region, and not category.
• The Awards are encouraging consumers and suppliers to nominate retailers worthy of winning via an online nomination form by 31st October, with a chance to win a foodie hamper from Fortnum & Mason. Nominations can be made here.
• Nominated retailers will then be contacted in November and invited to enter via a quick and easy online entry form.
• They’ll need to provide their contact information, upload an image of their team or shop front and answer 2 simple questions to tell the judges why they’re a worthy winner by 31st December.
• However, retailers do not need to wait to be nominated and can enter themselves via the online entry form. Entries can be made here.
• Both the online nomination form and entry form can be found on the Awards website, along with a wealth of information including the Awards regions and categories and tips for entering. Please visit: farmshopanddelishow.co.uk/awards
• All shortlisted retailers will be announced in January and invited to attend the winners’ announcement live from the Farm Shop & Deli Show on Monday 12th April at the NEC, Birmingham.
• The Award’s judges, headed by returning Chair of Judges Nigel Barden, food and drink broadcaster, are looking forward to supporting this year’s competition, and will score all online entries in January and February.
• At the live finals, the ‘Commended’ and ‘Best in Region winners’ will be revealed, culminating in a wonderful celebration of the speciality sector.
“I really do think everyone who took part should look back - with huge, HUGE satisfaction - over the last ten/twenty years at how we have all transformed food retail in this country. There have always been wonderful stories to tell, but now just about everyone is hearing about them - loud and clear, thanks to those such as the knowledgeable and dedicated judges on the team at the Farm Shop & Deli Awards”.
Callum and Debbie Edge, Owners Edge & Son, 2018 Farm Shop & Deli Awards Retailer of the Year and members of the Awards judging team.
The Awards are free to enter. If you are interested in nominating a worthy retailer, or entering yourselves, please visit farmshopanddelishow.co.uk/awards to find out more.
Stay connected and receive the latest news, analysis and insights from our industry's top commentators