Free digital copy
Get Speciality Food magazine delivered to your inbox FREEGet your free copy
The campaign will help fine food and drink retailers around the UK discover more about the diversity and quality of Spanish wines and foods. Five tasting workshops in London, Liverpool, Leeds, Bristol and Cardiff will introduce food and wine professionals to the broad range of tastes and aromas of Spanish cuisine.
During the last week of September and the first two weeks of October, the #EatSpainDrinkSpain workshops will be open to buyers, retailers, sommeliers, restaurant and shop-owners and industry professionals in each area.
“From the Basque Country to Jerez, and Rioja to the plains of Extremadura, these tasting sessions will let attendees nationwide experience new wines and different foods and discover some delicious and engaging matching ideas,” said Fernando Muñoz, director of Foods and Wines from Spain.
The educational events will be hosted by Spanish food and wine experts and will take industry specialists on a food and wine flavour journey across the hills and plains of Spain, showcasing a diverse range of wines and how they match with an array of hams, cheeses, charcuterie and other Spanish foods.
The full schedule of sessions includes:
· Tuesday 28th September at Hispania, London hosted by Sarah Jane Evans MW
· Tuesday 5th October at Lunyalita, Liverpool hosted by Jane Clare and Peter Kinsella
· Wednesday 6th October at Ibérica, Leeds hosted by Ibérica and Sarah Jane Evans MW
· Tuesday 12th October at Bar 44, Bristol hosted by Owen Morgan
· Wednesday 13th October at Curado, Cardiff hosted by Shumana Palit and Neil Cammies