Free digital copy
Get Speciality Food magazine delivered to your inbox FREEGet your free copy
History, Legend, Love, Loss and Success in an area of outstanding natural beauty are the makings of a fantastic story; one woman who beat the odds and created one of Cumbria’s most famous brands. The Sarah Nelson Brand. Made famous through her iconic Grasmere Gingerbread.
A unique opportunity to become part of the story, we are looking for the right candidate to have complete Operational Management experience which encompasses: facility and staff management, product prosecution, smooth running of a very busy shop (also seen as a tourist attraction), mail order department, sales administration and external promotions. Someone who also understands and appreciates the ethos of the family business and will preserve its integrity when looking at operations and development opportunities.
Key tasks/job responsibilities:
The role is a mix of both management and ‘hands on’ needs, and includes the following management of day-to-day activities:
• Team management
• Overseeing production
• Procurement and stock control
• Health and safety, and other legal requirements/obligations
• Quality control both product(s) and services
• Distribution (corporate and service)
• Property and vehicle management
• Budget control with assistance from the Directors
• Communication to Directors; Team liaison and operational
In addition: Assist the Finance and HR function with recruitment, training, staff reviews and the working/holiday rotas.
Core skills required:
• Effective communication skills at all levels, both written and verbally
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate and prioritise
• Be able to lead, support and motivate the team assuring accountability
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with the team, external suppliers, associates, and customers
• Understanding the customer appreciation experience
• Have an eye for detail and accuracy
• Full understanding of running a busy operational/production environment
• Excellent time management and efficient organisational skills
• A good understanding of retail
• Good IT skills
• Focus and discipline
• Industry related qualifications will be looked upon favourably
The right candidate must understand and appreciate the ethos of the family business and preserve its integrity when looking at operations and development opportunities.
Sign a confidentiality agreement.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.